Beat 'S' Hybrid?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Beat 'S' Hybrid?

Postby garublador » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:27 am

Has anyone stuck with an S Hybrid long enough to comment on how they fly when they break in? I've been using a 168g S Hybrid for a fairway driver for a few months now and while it has lost some overstability, it's still not a very good straight driver (but it does work well with a gentle hyzer path). I do know that Gateway discs take a lot of breaking in sometimes and I have broken in a few Blazes, but they aren't long enough for what I want in this slot.

I guess what I'm really wondering is if it's possible to use a 'S' Hybrid as a fairway control driver or if I should give in and buy some Gazelles, Cyclones or Teebirds. Right now I'm considering temporarily using a couple of Pro TL's I have sitting around as my straight and understable control drivers while my Hybrid beats in but I'd like to hear what everyone else's thoughts are.

For the record, I have tried to like the Sabre, but it hasn't ever worked for me. I've used the S, S FX, old E, H, "mikly white" E and clear blue E.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:04 am

Ive heard hybrids compare to teebirds. My E hybrid (up for trade) was similar to a new dx teebird. overstable enough for wind, but still would fly straight. However unlike a teebird, the hybrid has a slight touch of turn. I perfered sabres for control (I have 1 E and 2 S up for trade) The hybrid was a good disc though, and I think it could make a decent control driver broken in, fairly straight and fairly versitle. (btw hybrid was as predictable if not alittle more predictable than sabres due to the more prominante fade)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Return to Equipment