my first dye

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

my first dye

Postby bd313duncan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:03 am

So i wanted to try something pretty hard just to see if could do it. It didnt come out PERFECT. but darn good for never doing something like this before. Give it a look .

The Mess Up
bd313duncan
Tree Magnet

Postby TeeRexJJ » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:19 am

i've never done a dye but acetone could probably clean that off. i think it looks great though

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=6758

help me get rid of unwanted plastic!!
TeeRexJJ
Tree Magnet

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:34 am

nah, once its on there its pretty much on there.
But no worries. The front came out clean. Nice job on your first one :)

actually, when that happened to one of my discs, i put contact paper all over the disc with lots of cracks and crevices in it and redyed it, and it gave it a marble floor look.
http://s-series.org/albums/Dye-work/zeppdone.sized.jpg
That was the first time I tried to fix it.
Ive done a couple more jobs where I've aimed to create the crackle effect and it came out a lot cooler looking because it's all one uniform color
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby sleepy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:07 am

AciDBatH666 wrote:actually, when that happened to one of my discs, i put contact paper all over the disc with lots of cracks and crevices in it and redyed it, and it gave it a marble floor look.

Looks awesome.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:38 am

bd313duncan, If you wanna create that kinda design on your disc to fix that bottom edge... If you really want to fix it that is...
Cut up a bunch of small random shapes between 1-2" wide.. Totally random angles and crap. And patch the bottom of the disc ALL OVER. Fill it completely. Don't press em down fully either. The more you put, the more of a crackle effect it'll create. And completely cover the front of the disc. From there let it sit in some dye, it'll fill in the bottom and make its way to every crack and crevace. It'll come out pretty pimp.

The Led Zeppelin one that I did was my first attempt at it but the newer ones Ive done it on come out a lot cleaner looking.
Just do it on the bottom and it'll create a sweet random pattern on it. And then you just made your screw up work for you.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Return to Disc Artwork