150 Class Starfire?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

150 Class Starfire?

Postby tybaltbs » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:18 am

I just started throwing the Starfire Pro and love it. I throw sidearm and get a little over 300 ft and its just keeps going farther as I learn it. The problem is that I prefer lighter discs, but Innova is only making Starfire in 165g plus. I used to throw the Millinium LS and then Eagle, both 150g, and they both worked great for me. Has anyone heard any news about when Innova will be releasing the Starfire in 150g range?
Tybalt

Driver: Starfire Pro - Sidearm ~300ft
Approach: Champion Spider
Putter: DX Rhino
tybaltbs
Noob

150g Starfire

Postby CincyKeith » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:33 pm

It is not that Dave from innova refuses to make Starfire's at low weights.....it is that it is imposible to make starfire's at this weight. Right now, dave is only able to produce pro starfires at 165g.

Wide rimmed discs such as the starfire, orc, wraith.....etc. have so much weight on the rim, that the flight plate would be to thin (or nonexistent) if he attempted to make them in 150g. DX plastic is easier to produce lighter weights, but the starfire does not yet come in DX.

Sorry to break the news to you, but I doubt starfire's will ever be that light.
Practice, practice, practice. Especially with players that are better than you. It's one of the only ways to learn new things.
CincyKeith
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:48 am

the dx orc is available in 150 class. along with the beast and viking, those are some of the few wider rimmed discs available that light.

the flick is discraft's only wide rimmed driver available that light.

gateway does have some of their faster drivers available from 140-160.

Keith is correct though, that the flight plates will collapse during cooling with many models/plastics.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Equipment