Driver and mid range the same D

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Driver and mid range the same D

Postby Tenacious D » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:17 am

I've been using your site for a while and my game is slowly getting better (mostly my approach and putting, driver distance is still in the 280-300 range with the occasional 315 in there). I was playing a local course recently, I was playing a whole with a slight up hill incline, I was throwing my sidewinder up hill, towards the tree I focus on (my goal is to get past it). This maybe technique related? I landed my sidwinder just in front of it, wanting to pass this land mark, I threw my flash, landed next to the sidewinder, threw a Eagle, landed left of the sidewinder. For giggles I got out my buzz and planted it in the same spot (I was accurate though :D ). I then broke out my Classic Roc and put it in the same spot. Not sure what the distance was but it's a standard distance on that whole (I'm closing in on the tree). I had the same issue on another hole sightly up hill, what can I do to get the D out of my drivers?
Tenacious D
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:42 pm

this is generally related to nose angle... need more nose down with the drivers...
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby derekg » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:57 pm

I am 62 years old been playing for a year and throw 275 sometimes 300. I am very interested in the "nose down" mentioned. How do I achieve that? Have so far tried pulling higher across my chest concentrating on a horizontal line. Visually the discs seem to be flying flatter with less Hyzer from my Beast but no appreciable difference in distance. Am also throwning an Avenger Sidewinder, xs. I practice every day and am totally hooked
derekg
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:46 am

2 keys for nose down are proper disc orientation upon grip along with wrist down orientation. you can consult those in my grip article on the main site.

as for getting more nose down with your throw, i actually find it a little easier to get more nose down by reaching/pulling from slightly lower and keeping your body over the disc. most players will find various means of working with this though.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Nose Down

Postby derekg » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:22 pm

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply. It is some time since I read your technique articles. i missed the one on grip, or you may have updated it. I don't remeber the photos being there. I will work with your suggestions and see what happens. Thanks
Derek
derekg
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:08 am

derekg wrote:I am 62 years old been playing for a year and throw 275 sometimes 300. I am very interested in the "nose down" mentioned. How do I achieve that? Have so far tried pulling higher across my chest concentrating on a horizontal line. Visually the discs seem to be flying flatter with less Hyzer from my Beast but no appreciable difference in distance. Am also throwning an Avenger Sidewinder, xs. I practice every day and am totally hooked

Beat up that avenger and it will be a great straight disc for you.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby derekg » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:16 pm

Thnk you very much for the advice Texas Outlaw. I will try that. Is there a way to "beat up" a disc without hitting 50 trees?
Derekg
derekg
Noob

Postby presidio hills » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:02 am

derekg wrote:Thnk you very much for the advice Texas Outlaw. I will try that. Is there a way to "beat up" a disc without hitting 50 trees?
Derekg

go into a field and practice throwing the discs you want more beat in... hopefully the same ones you're committing to for a lill' while. dirt, hardish ground, the occasional dusty trail, grass, some bush twigs... that'll season 'er nicely. that x plastic shouldn't take too long.
i run on lazer beans
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Weebl » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:20 am

If it's cryZtal or Champion plastic, just go for a walk on a street and throw the disc so it glides/scrapes over the road and roughs up the lip. If the plastic is any softer, it chews the disc up quick. It still works fine though. (This is how I beat my DX Rocs in when I need it done in a jiffy)
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Technique