A little redundant, but here it goes - First Ace

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

A little redundant, but here it goes - First Ace

Postby nerojr » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:56 am

Canton, OH Spiker-Arboretum Park Hole # 12
I threw a 172g Star Valkeryie. The disc hit a pine tree branch and bounced right in.
nerojr
Noob

Postby Solty » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:25 am

congrats!!! an ace is an ace!!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Jwt4412 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:33 am

'tis true.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby calvarycoffee » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:53 pm

1st ones are the best!

they'll be more to come, for sure.

congrats!
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:47 pm

I got my first ace last week :) . Hole 3 at my home course. Its a great hole about 325 ft straight shot with the basket hidden down a slight hill through some trees. I threw a Champ Tee-bird on a perfect line that faded right through the trees and all i heard were the chains. I knew id get an ace eventually but always expected it on holes 1 or 2 which are the two shortest holes and easiest ace holes on the course. I was so pumped i aced a hole that you have to put some arm into, not just a pitch and putt hole were you throw a mid. Im also loving i got the ace with a tee-bird, my favorite most used disc in my bag.
Rob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

two in 36 hours

Postby jiwaburst » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:36 am

I haven't had the chance to brag and beam about this yet, but I got two aces in consecutive rounds the week before last.

We play a Friday doubles round and a Sunday morning singles round (followed by doubles usually). I aced hole #6 on Friday when playing with a buddy after the doubles round. Felt great, my second ace and the first one witnessed by anyone. Then on Sunday I aced # 16, with 6 witnesses. Both were TeeBirds. DX and Star.

But the craziest thing that day happened in our next round. Hole #10 is long and usually requires a long drive and then a serious upshot to be in position to get three. I had thrown my second shot into the shade under a big oak tree and was standing at my disc while a few other guys were tossing water bottles at the oak tree to get a disc that had thumbered into the tree. They start hucking stuff into the tree and a disc falls at my feet, a diffrent disc than the one they were aiming at. I think, "cool, found a disc." I look at it and it's my own disc (a red Champ Eagle) that had fallen at my feet. But then I wonder how my disc got in the tree, and how didn't I realize that I was missing it. I had it on Friday and didn't throw it into any trees, so it must have fallen out of my bag. Someone found it on the ground, played with it, threw it into that tree where it sat until dislodged by a throw at another disc in that tree, then landing at my feet.
jiwaburst
Tree Magnet

Postby krusen » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:06 am

That is totally fu@#ed up.
Is that the definition of irony?

I found a disc last night...champ starfire. It had a name on it so I called. The guy lives in Memphis, and had sold it to someone else that didn't bother to put their number on it, so now it's mine. I just bought my first champ starfire last weekend, and now I have a backup. 8)
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:51 am

both good examples of discgolf karma from both ends. Finding a disc and keeping it you lose it, calling someone back you get a disc ;-)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby kenny » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:49 pm

Congrats, that will be my new home course if things go on plan in Aug. I hpe to get my first ace soon>
kenny
Noob

Return to General Discussion