Pro Rhyno

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Pro Rhyno

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:52 pm

Is it true, this rumor I have been hearing? I have heard that the "Pro Line" Rhyno is no longer made and that there is a new "Pro" Rhyno out that is almost identical to the old SE Soft Rhyno? Can anyone confirm this? Blake? Anyone? :shock: Thanks!

Chris
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm

the pro rhyno is nearly identical to the SE rhyno.

plastic is a slightly different blend, but it always changes. is the same plastic used on the aviar-x.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:12 am

Thank you very much. As always you were very helpful.

Chris
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby Jwt4412 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Blake,

The fellas I play with here in Springfield, IL have all learned from reading your site.

Just wanted to say thanks.

The Pro Rhino is the putter I have fell into.

I have 4 of them for practice - 3 174's and a 167.

I play with the 167.

I have a great short game, mid range is fine - I'll get within 15ft for the Birdie Shot each time.

But the long range? I try and throw straight off the line - level with the nose a bit down using the x-step.

I am starting to think throw level and straight at what I am aiming for is the problem. Because when I hold on to one a little too long and it shoots off way right - it launches. But I can't figure out a release point/ target to control those monsters.

Anyways, Pro Rhyno is my favorite disc because it does what I want it to.

The driver I have settled on in my bag is QJLS 163 and the fairway d I have been using is a CE LEOPARD 171.

Playin' about 5 months now. Too much disc?
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby Blake_T » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:03 am

Jwt,

glad you and your friends have found the site helpful.

as for your problem of pulling discs to the right, the first thing i would guess is that you are starting your pull too early. your foot has to hit the ground before the pull starts or you will grip lock it. the second thing to look at is weight transfer, the next most common problem is not getting your weight forward and having to pull late in order to keep the nose down.

at the 5 month mark, i would recommend only throwing standard plastics for your straight and turnover drives. champ and z plastic is okay for overstable drivers, but really, you won't learn the subtle nuances of making a disc fly with discs with champ/z since they don't have enough air friction to respond.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Jwt4412 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:14 am

Will do.

I started throwing the champion plastic because I play the Lincoln Park course here in town, it's four houses down from my front door.

Trees destroyed my DX Valk. I have some SE Leopards and Cheetahs I could start throwing again...

I did great with an old school Raven - tree split the edge 2.5 inches into the body of the disc, tried to by more but when they arrrived, well were new ones.

I did great with some Jaguars I bought online, but have pulled them out of the bag for Coyotes. I love these disks too by the way. I get the control I got with my DX Rocs and a little less glide/float than I got with the Jaguars.

=

Maybe this can help explain what I am doing. I throw a dog leg left that goes into the woods. You can't see the basket from the pad. I throw a 171 Champion Teebird on this course for a consistent easy deuce 230 down and about 50 left into the woods. Drops in everytime. But I throw it like I am trying to throw it straight. Everything I read says it supposed to be a "straight" driver.

The same throw w/ my Sidewinder or my QJLS goes straight but the teebird to the left.

This basket has become a automatic deuce for me which is great, but it frustrates me that I get it because I am throwing a disc "wrong".
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Return to Equipment