Gateway Magic

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby matchu » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:10 pm

Furthur wrote:Of course it's a sale's pitch, he's got some for sale!

But that doesn't mean that what he said isn't true...They do fly nice, and if Dave would ever respond to my fcuking email, then I might be able to get some lighter ones like I want.

try office@gdstour.com if you can't get dave to respond from his address
Synchronize the why’s, the if’s the lies. Shake and sift through the mess. Digress the flesh left is our disguise.

matchu
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Hoey » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:01 pm

BLURR wrote:I will admit that it is a bit of a sales pitch, but it also meant to be a helper to those that are in search of beat to crap wizards.

sold me...
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby BLURR » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:38 pm

bogies are free wrote:
BLURR wrote:I will admit that it is a bit of a sales pitch, but it also meant to be a helper to those that are in search of beat to crap wizards.

sold me...

Not sure if this was meant to be sarcasm or not...but if you were being serious about wanting some, then just shoot me a pm.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:52 pm

I don't know if I would compare these to a beat wizard or not, they can't seem to handle as much power as a beat wizard. I can still throw a beat wizard 250+ without it flipping too hard over but these don't seem to handle the long shots as well. But admittedly these have definitely been getting some play in the inside 200 range. They hold tight lines well and you can really finesse them. And like dgdave said I don't really like them for putting but have no real valid reason for it. They just don't feel comfortable in my hand.

The glow one I got is already really beat after around 15 rounds but the black one is holding up way better. I hoping the glow one was just a fluke and they will mostly beat in like the black one.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby BLURR » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:07 am

The original run of glows are quite soft and will probably wear in fairly quick. The distance I have been using my Magics for is anything under 250 where I need it to turn right. I don't tend to throw putters for shots that are 250-300. I use a mid for that distance. Just easier to do rather than try to force that type of shot. I think that 300 is really pushing it for this disc. I really like this disc on the tight wooded type courses.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:00 pm

blurr. how do the mediums fly versus the ss glows and do you want to trade me one? :)
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Solty » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:30 pm

i was throwing the Glow Magics today....for upshots and some drives where i wanted it to turn a lil. It felt good on release.....and flew like they say. I worry that they'll break in tooo fast..

didnt putt with em at all....
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Hoey » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:13 am

BLURR wrote:
bogies are free wrote:

sold me...

Not sure if this was meant to be sarcasm or not...but if you were being serious about wanting some, then just shoot me a pm.

ha

no, i was being super cereal (sorry, couldn't resist). We got some in at MS and for me, the nose fits in perfectly with how I grip putters... I nearly nutted (again sorry couldn't resist). Gonna pick one up, make 1000 putts in a row, and be a superstar finally.

ok... that last part bordered on sarcasm.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby BLURR » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:25 am

I find that the mediums have a bit more turn than the SS Glows. The SS Glows do break in pretty quickly though. I threw a few shots in my backyard this past weekend with a max weight medium and it held the turn nicely.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby niuvalleycane » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:06 pm

anymore feedback on the mediums, I putt with Warlocks, but like them better after they've broken it to straight straight, would a medium Magic fly like a broken in warlock?
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Postby matchu » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:42 pm

a medium magic will fly like a medium magic. The warlock and wizard are similar, but this is not the case with the magic. The magic has little fade at the end of the flight making much easier to putt straight at the basket more consistantly for me.
Synchronize the why’s, the if’s the lies. Shake and sift through the mess. Digress the flesh left is our disguise.

matchu
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jwt4412 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:43 pm

I have two magics from the BG Players Packs unthrown if anybody is interested...
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Re: Gateway Magic

Postby dgdave » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 am

Bump.

4 years later and these finally sealed a spot in my bag. I feel I can range these better than with a beat putter. Been hitting a lot of long approaches and right shots with these.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby BLURR » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Still have my proto in the bag as well. It is clovered and beat to snot, but still is able to fly a nice line when given enough hyzer. I found out yesterday that my buddy still has his stack of proto's in the basement that he bought off of me right before he retired from the game. Might have to see if he will part with them.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby dgdave » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:00 pm

I want some if he does. For serious.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!