Your favorite disc that you refuse to throw

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Your favorite disc that you refuse to throw

Postby ParanoidPiranhasDave » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:28 am

I'm not a collector by any means, but I have one disc that I hang on my bedroom wall.

It's a Z Tie Dye Cyclone with a silver stamp from Bells Brewing Company. (they make awesome beer, and they're somewhat local for me)

I have no idea how many there are out there, but I found it at the bottom of a lake.

My bro in law has a disc up on his wall from his first ace. I dunno if I could do that, I intend to keep throwing whatever disc I use for my first ace :lol:

Anyone else?
Paranoid Piranhas!

Disc golf kicks minge.
ParanoidPiranhasDave
Noob

Postby ApesOfWrath » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:38 am

i too keep my first (and only) ace on the wall (champ valk), along with a trophy disc (z pred) from my first (and only) tournament.
ApesOfWrath
Tree Magnet

Postby Eric O » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:42 am

I don't really understand being sentimental about plastic. If the disc flies well then throw it! If not then dispose of it.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:26 am

at first I thought this topic was going to be the disc you like throwing most, but dont carry (mine would be a Z comet), however I do have a disc that is my favoite but I dont throw.

a E Element that I dyed a burning match on to. the origional plan when I was throwing elements and element xs were to do a series of the elements on my elements. this was my first attempt at fire, and I used a brush on vasoline to try to achieve a texture effect on the matchstick. When I get to denver (and my computer) I can post a pic.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby krusen » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:57 am

I have 2 black players cup Z Buzzzes that I am holding on to. They are backups for now, and may be sold if I get enough for them. These fly sweet, but to me a broken in X wasp flies nearly identical (which I currently have two of).

...just checked and they are going for $25 on Ebay. I can hold out a little longer.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby trogdor » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 pm

None. I throw all the discs I like.
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby jgarcia9102 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:44 pm

I got my first ace yesterday and i considered taking the disc out of my bag, but then where would that leave me? I got the ace because it was a good throw with an even better disc, so what would i do if i took the disc out of the bag? i would need to replace it, and in this case it was a broken in Teebird, of which i have only one left ATM, so I would start all over again with a new disc....

i was considering getting the most clear disc i could find and dying it with my own design to put on my wall. it wouldnt be about the disc, but rather like a canvas for this design. In that case i think its OK to hang something on the wall, but i would never buy a collectors disc for that purpose. i throw my CE, and i play with guys who throw their 2001 CE Rocs, next to their CE Teebirds and Valks.
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby cschwab » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:08 pm

I don't have any of my ace discs left after losing them.
cschwab
Noob

Postby BHW » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:06 pm

Discs were made to be thrown.
BHW
Tree Magnet

nice discs

Postby twmccoy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:46 pm

I have a nice collection of dyed discs that I found in lakes (about 30). I don't throw any of these. Some of them are really awesome factory jobs from innova and discraft. Dyed valks are the most prevalent. I have about 10 of these.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby deaddisc » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:35 am

I have a nice collection of dyed discs that I found in lakes (about 30.

Don't you ever catch shit for saying that you keep discs you have found in lakes? I know where I live one may be castrated for performing an act such as this. Not that I agree with their overreaction, but Im surprised it's not a universal thing.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:59 am

An Aviar I won as my first tournament win. It is yellow and has been hotstamped like seven times with the same stamp so it has really melted into the disc. It is a 3-D version of the hotstamp. It can't be thrown because the hotstamp hurts and feels like it could cause a cut.

Deaddisc, I dip for discs sometimes too and when I return a disc, most people are surprised they are getting their disc back. Around here if you lose a disc you don't expect to get it back.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Jwt4412 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:44 am

No Name... Mine.

A Name... Return by hand or they pay the postage.

I sleep well.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby Weebl » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:05 am

Good man.

The disc for me would be my Deep Purple stiffy DX, green foil Morely Field stamped San Marino Roc. I dont dare throw it because it has been snapped in half, and re-glued to make it a wall hanger. It flew like a beauty, and went down like a champ. Balls to the walls.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby ParanoidPiranhasDave » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:17 am

Don't you ever catch shit for saying that you keep discs you have found in lakes?

I've found maybe 4 discs in my long and illustrious 4 month dg career, and not a single one has had a phone number on it. If I ever find one that has a # on it or a name of someone I know, I'll return it. If it's just a name that I don't know, however, my sharpie's comin' out. :twisted:
Paranoid Piranhas!

Disc golf kicks minge.
ParanoidPiranhasDave
Noob

Next

Return to General Discussion