Your favorite disc that you refuse to throw

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby steezo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:12 am

Since I'ved starting playing I have not put my name or number on any disc. If I throw a disc, lose it, and can't find it, then it is the rightful owner of who ever finds it. Even if I did have my name/number on it. I'ved gotten discs back but only at my "home" course where people know me. I always give an equal trade or better trade depending on the disc I lost. Everyone knows i throw Midnight Buzzzzzzzzz's and when i lost one, I spent 20 minutes trying to find it. A buddy of mine found it and gave it back acouple of days later-I gave him $5. I'ved given some discs back as well, if I know who throws it, or if the phone number is local. When i first started playing this guy-advance player in the metroplex, left a brand new watermelon tie-dye sidewinder near a basket. It was morning and I figured it was the group that was acouple of holes ahead of me. I walk to them ask if it is anyones and he says yes, thank you, his favorite disc, blah blah blah. Well he's like thanks, so do you want a disc in return, sure, i'd like that. what do you have to trade, well he didn't have any to trade(innova bag only being able to carry 20 discs or so) and has one of his buddies give me a crappy old DGA disc. :?
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby trogdor » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:13 pm

So...you got a crappy disc, the joy of knowing you returned someone's favorite disc and some good disc karma!

Not too bad in my book!
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby steezo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:06 pm

No its the that someone else gave me the disc, not him, his friend. Its no big deal, except that it shows that maybe some people really don't care about getting a disc back. So if you find a disc, don't beat yourself up about wanting to keep it. I played with two guys once, for the first time, and I threw a star sidewinder in the water. A week later they saw me, walked up and handed me the sidewinder. They pulled it out while looking for others. I felt so good about the gesture, I gave the guy that found it my proto brick red wizard. A disc has no Karma, People have no Karma, only Actions have Karma.
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

discs

Postby twmccoy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:32 pm

When I play I don't use any discs with my name on them. I figure if I lose them someone else can have them. That said I also haven't lost a disc in over a year. Sometimes I take a stack of trashed DX discs and just chuck them around the course and leave them for people to find.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby trogdor » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:35 pm

steezo wrote:Actions have Karma.
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to General Discussion