Bag Review, Help me pick another driver!

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bag Review, Help me pick another driver!

Postby sublime113 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:37 am

This is my current bag and its working well but i need another driver to compliment the XL for shorter holes...

drivers
FLX XL
star wraith (beat)
ESP surge (brand new)
z predator

mids
3 flat top rocs (one destroyed one perfectly beat and one newer)
ESP wasp
elite x buzz

Putters
Aviar
wizard
sublime113
Tree Magnet

Postby garublador » Thu May 01, 2008 10:43 am

I'm not 100% on what you want out of this disc, but a Sabre or DX Teebird might be a good complement. What types of shots do you need covered with this new disc?
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby geoloseth » Thu May 01, 2008 10:55 am

If you're looking for something straighter than the xl I would suggest a teebird or am eagle x. I use my champ teebird for straight shots up to about 350'. Anything further than that I go to my teerex. The teebird can go upwards of 400' but needs a good amount of height to do it.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Grayson » Thu May 01, 2008 11:10 am

I use a ESP Tracker to compliment my XL when I need a little more stability. If you want a longer range XL look into a Rogue or a Valkyrie. The Surge and the Wraith seem like overlap to me. but I can understand why you wanna keep both in the bag if the wraith is beat and flippy and the surge is new and still has its stability.. Why not just have a beat wraith and a new wraith? Or get a TeeRex or Xcaliber to compliment your wraith in an overstable way...
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Re: Bag Review, Help me pick another driver!

Postby SkaBob » Thu May 01, 2008 12:50 pm

sublime113 wrote:i need another driver to compliment the XL for shorter holes...

Why? An FLX XL is capable of any shot you want it for on shorter holes. If you NEED more stability than an XL on shorter holes, the Z Tracker would do well, but unless you have a mutant flippy FLX XL, there's no reason to need a different disc.

sublime113 wrote:3 flat top rocs (one destroyed one perfectly beat and one newer)
ESP wasp
elite x buzz

This is a lot of overlap. Rocs or Buzzz/Wasp combo...having both is very redundant.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Midnightbiker » Thu May 01, 2008 1:00 pm

A JLS or a Polaris LS will also work really well. I have a Z-XL and it flies just as straight as the JLS , but the JLS is much shorter. I use it for the shorter holes. I believe the Polaris LS is even shorter than the JLS.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Re: Bag Review, Help me pick another driver!

Postby adidadg » Thu May 01, 2008 1:21 pm

sublime113 wrote:This is my current bag and its working well but i need another driver to compliment the XL for shorter holes..

If its a hole that you find the XL is too long for, I would recommend learning to throw your midranges for these shots. They shouldnt be flying THAT much shorter than your XL and are way more controllable than any driver. And yeah like SkaBob said you could slim down your midrange lineup for sure.
adidadg

Postby radsnowsurfer » Thu May 01, 2008 11:36 pm

I'd try some other XL's, I find with shorter drivers learning one mold is better, I just have ZXLs in different stages of wear.
If you're looking for more understable than maybe an XXL or a DXL, as for more overstable I can't help you unless you want to learn about the Z Extreme.
Joshua Olmsted
radsnowsurfer
Tree Magnet

Postby J-Man » Fri May 02, 2008 8:14 am

Gotta go with the wave here, for a shorter XL shot I'd recommend your mids. Between the Rocs, Buzzz and the Wasp you should be set.
Team Oregon Ambassador@Large
J-Man
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion