SkaBob's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

SkaBob's Bag

Postby SkaBob » Fri May 02, 2008 12:39 pm

Slimmed my bag down, now there's so much room in it I can fit my whole glow bag, and fill some useful slots with some of it!

Stable Control Drivers:
168 Photon-Glo Tracker - Somewhat beat

Distance Drivers:
166 ESP Surge - slightly beat
168 Proline Surge - slightly beat

Understable Driver:
165 Sparkle Rogue

Moderately Overstable Drivers:
168 ESP Avenger - new

Very Overstable Driver:
167 Proline Tsunami - barely beat

Mids:
168 FLX Buzzz
171 ESP Buzzz
168 Z Buzzz
168 ESP Comet
171 Photon-Glo Buzzz (night rounds only)

Putters:
172 Soft APX
166 Soft APX
171 Photon-Glo Challenger
Last edited by SkaBob on Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby the invisible tree » Fri May 02, 2008 2:11 pm

I posted about this a little while back but, I love the tsunami. I have a few in my bag but even at max weight in the sparkle plastic they aren't optimal as a very overstable driver. They track left too much on knife hyzers. I was in denial about this for at least a year but after switching to a spirit for my super overstable spot I've seen a marked improvement from that spot in the bag.
If I were you I'd drop the avengers and talon and go with just tsunamis for the moderately overstable spot and since you seem to be a Discraft/DGA type of guy go with an FLX Predator for your pig. I found the spirit to fly slightly better lines and the Predator to lay down after it hits the ground a little better. Not a huge difference really.
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby SkaBob » Fri May 02, 2008 2:37 pm

I don't tend to throw knife/spike hyzers, so that's not much of a concern in my bag. The only time I find myself throwing shots like that they tend to be in putter distance (<200ft), so I do it with an APX or Challenger, or rarely a Comet.

The tsunamis are fine for even pretty nasty winds here. I was playing in a 30+mph head-cross (left->right) wind and my tsunami (from just the shallowest of flips) just went beautifully straight for a good 320 before it started slowing down and faded. If I'm out golfing in wind more severe than that, maybe a predator would help some, but I've thrown them and I don't think the small difference in a twice a year case would merit me taking out the avengers. The talon's not leaving no matter what. they don't make a glow pred/tsunami, and all it's there for is headwind shots in the dark. Not as stable as the pred or not, the tsunami's a max overstable disc, and until it's super beat, it's not "moderately" overstable.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Postby the invisible tree » Fri May 02, 2008 2:51 pm

Honestly, I didn't like throwing knife hyzers all that much either until I put a better disc in for those shots. :) For backhand, the tsunami is plenty stable for any headwind I've faced. I just need a little more stability for sidearms and knife hyzers.
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby garublador » Fri May 02, 2008 3:12 pm

the invisible tree wrote:Honestly, I didn't like throwing knife hyzers all that much either until I put a better disc in for those shots. :)
Yeah, spike hyzers are awesome once you realize how predictable they are. I'd recommend the week 5 training assignment if you haven't tried it already.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby SkaBob » Fri May 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Ah, see... I don't throw sidearm. If I do it too often it messes with my back. If I need serious right fade I either throw a crazy sky anny or throw lefty. Only sidearm shots I bust out with any regularity are little flicks to get out of or around bushes.

If I needed to throw a spike hyzer and needed more turn and less skip than a tsunami gives, I'd probably bust out a flick. They're pretty hot for those shots.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Postby SkaBob » Fri May 16, 2008 6:45 am

Changes to the bag, tourney coming up...It's a bit more predictable now, and by it I mean my distance drivers... Love me some Rogues, but not enough to let my tourney scores suffer heh
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Postby Roy » Fri May 16, 2008 7:47 am

Where's the MRVs :shock: :lol:
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby SkaBob » Fri May 16, 2008 9:36 am

lol in a gigantic stack in the corner so I don't lose any more of them! :lol:
SkaBob
Disc Whore