What I throw.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

What I throw.

Postby Solbo » Fri May 02, 2008 3:57 pm

Current Bag

Drivers

Wraiths, various beat various plastic
Destroyer x2 pro 170
Tee Birds various beat star/champ
TL star and champ
1 firebird (wind and spike hyzers)
1 star sidewinder, utility, rollers.

Mids
KC Roc 12x, Glo Roc, 4Ching Stamp Rocs, 1 DX normal stamp Various beat, various weights
2 q sent, mid range spike, longer roc shots

Putters
Aviars dx grid stamp, varying weights, varying beat.
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby Bradley Walker » Fri May 02, 2008 4:36 pm

That is pretty common bag. Not unlike many of the top pros...
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby EBK357 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:26 am

Thats what i throw excpet a little more star plastic and wizards for putters. i really like the set up.
F a sig!
EBK357
Tree Magnet

Postby MR. WICK » Mon May 05, 2008 7:59 am

I like it. But I have a ? I've seen a few guys that throw wraiths and destroyers. Why? Don't you really only need one max D driver at various stages of wear.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Solbo » Mon May 05, 2008 8:57 am

The Natural wrote:I like it. But I have a ? I've seen a few guys that throw wraiths and destroyers. Why? Don't you really only need one max D driver at various stages of wear.

Good Question Shawn, for me, I throw Wraith and Destroyers for a couple reasons.

For me, with less speed the Wraith offers more control and more long distance turnover anhyzers. I can hum my semi beat lighter wraiths knowing theyll come back or keep their anhyzer line with enough spin. I use red star wraiths for max D straight line drives. Basically you could say the Wraith is my 3 wood. I know I am gonna get it out there.. is it gonna go as far as the destroyer, NOPE. But it'll be controlled distance.

The Destroyer is like picking up my 1 in Ball Golf, ( I am not very good at driving with a Driver in ball golf mind you.) BUT, in the instance I get a hold of one, it's gonna go.. and far. I carry 2 destroyers, both Pro Plastic, one semi beat, one new.

The semi beat is for long straight drives that need to finish left for me. Or, if I am in an open field hole situation, starting out WAY to the right, knowing that destroyer is gonna do destroyer things and come back at the end, unlike my wraith that'll just keep going right. The new one is used for skip shots and hyzer shots... in fields, I try to keep this thing off rocks and such.

Arguably, I should only have the Wraith and Tee Bird, but I like to mix it up off the tee sometimes. It's nice to have options.

I heavily rely on the Wraith, about 90% of my drives, BUT, if I am in the open and can just reach back for that little extra, with less control, destroyer it is.

You can relate to this. Barre Falls 2 weekends ago finals.

I throw Wraiths on the following holes. #4, #5, #6, #9, #10, #14, 18 Destroyer on #3, #7, #17 (Parked it as a righty)- only hole where I might have gone back to the Wraith.
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby MR. WICK » Mon May 05, 2008 9:30 am

Thanks man. That answers my question.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion