C. B.'s Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

C. B.'s Bag

Postby C. B. » Sat May 03, 2008 8:47 pm

Image

Z Pred, Champ Firebird, DX Teebird, DX Teebird, Champ Teebird
Champ Valk, DX Valk, DX Valk, Glow Gazelle, DX Gazelle
DX Roc, KC Pro Roc, KC Pro Roc, Rancho Roc, Ontario Roc
Magic, S Wizard, SS Wizard, SS Wizard, M Wizard
C. B.
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:24 am
Location: OKC
Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby K-Dog 19 » Sat May 03, 2008 8:52 pm

is there a reason for both a predator and a firebird?
Once upon a time a Monster ran into a mob of Avengers, they attacked him with their pet Leopard, the Buzzz was all around the city that even the Wizards had to use ear plugs. :D
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:48 am
Location: Lapeer, MI
Favorite Disc: First X Avenger ever

Postby IowaDiscGolf » Sun May 04, 2008 12:48 am

What I want to know is, how many KC Pro Rocs does one need? How many Wizards does one need? :)
IowaDiscGolf
2008 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:14 am

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun May 04, 2008 5:54 am

Cool KC Pro...
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby dgdave » Sun May 04, 2008 6:05 am

IowaDiscGolf wrote:What I want to know is, how many KC Pro Rocs does one need? How many Wizards does one need? :)


I carry 5 KC Rocs
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12053
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby IowaDiscGolf » Sun May 04, 2008 1:29 pm

dgdave wrote:
IowaDiscGolf wrote:What I want to know is, how many KC Pro Rocs does one need? How many Wizards does one need? :)


I carry 5 KC Rocs


What are they?
IowaDiscGolf
2008 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:14 am

Postby tumpsi » Sun May 04, 2008 10:45 pm

IowaDiscGolf wrote:
dgdave wrote:
IowaDiscGolf wrote:What I want to know is, how many KC Pro Rocs does one need? How many Wizards does one need? :)


I carry 5 KC Rocs


What are they?

Wild guess: KC Rocs lol!
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:16 am
Location: Finland

Postby IowaDiscGolf » Sun May 04, 2008 11:21 pm

tumpsi wrote:
IowaDiscGolf wrote:
dgdave wrote:
IowaDiscGolf wrote:What I want to know is, how many KC Pro Rocs does one need? How many Wizards does one need? :)


I carry 5 KC Rocs


What are they?

Wild guess: KC Rocs lol!


OK genius, good one. :)

Clarification: would you describe the 5 KC Pro Rocs in terms of their distinguishing flight characteristics or stabilities? I'm curious about this since I carry three Rocs: straight, period; straight-to-overstable, and overstable.
IowaDiscGolf
2008 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:14 am

Postby dgdave » Mon May 05, 2008 7:16 am

1. Flippy, roller, touch and glidey shots
2. Strait to late turn
3. straight slight hyzer finish
4. Moderate over stable, Teebird flight
5. Very overstable, new begining wear process.

Its alomst like having a Pred, 3 teebirds in different stages, and a TL. Thats my driver setup. I throw rocs off the tee a lot.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12053
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Solbo » Mon May 05, 2008 9:05 am

Im in the same boat.

4 ching stamp rocs, various weights, various beat
1 KC Pro
1 Champ 06' USDGC
1 Glow
1 DX 171 turnovers

Thats 8, during casual/practice rounds, I beat on some of them with extra throws.... They are all pretty flat top except the KC Pro and the Champion. (hyzer rocs)
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:19 am
Location: South of Boston, MA
Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby C. B. » Mon May 05, 2008 9:40 am

Thanks for the comments. As far as some of the questions...

I've used a champ and dx firebird for thumbers and overstable pig slot. Then after reading post after post about how great the Z Predator is, I bought one and have been using it for about a week now. I like it, but I do notice quite a different flight path than the firebird. The FB turns the whole way, where the Predator goes striaght longer, then turns hard. I'm sure I'll have to pick one or the other.

The Rocs and Wizards are overkill, but I try to rotate them to get them beat up faster. I don't need that many in one round, but keep them around to have different stages of wear.

I played four different courses this past Sunday and had the best putting day ever. Made more 30+ feet puts than I ever have, and didn't miss inside 20 feet. I used the 174 black chalky Magic and it felt great coming out of the hand each time. Anyone else use the Magic?
C. B.
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:24 am
Location: OKC
Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby IowaDiscGolf » Mon May 05, 2008 10:50 am

dgdave wrote:1. Flippy, roller, touch and glidey shots
2. Strait to late turn
3. straight slight hyzer finish
4. Moderate over stable, Teebird flight
5. Very overstable, new begining wear process.

Its alomst like having a Pred, 3 teebirds in different stages, and a TL. Thats my driver setup. I throw rocs off the tee a lot.


I dig. I played with this kid who has some sick snap, I watched him throw his KC Pro 350'+ without any real practice. Discs are different to different players.

Why do you personally throw them off the tee a lot? I throw Rocs more than drivers off the pad but only because they're straighter and more predictable than drivers.
IowaDiscGolf
2008 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:14 am

Postby IowaDiscGolf » Mon May 05, 2008 10:52 am

C. B. wrote:Thanks for the comments. As far as some of the questions...

I've used a champ and dx firebird for thumbers and overstable pig slot. Then after reading post after post about how great the Z Predator is, I bought one and have been using it for about a week now. I like it, but I do notice quite a different flight path than the firebird. The FB turns the whole way, where the Predator goes striaght longer, then turns hard. I'm sure I'll have to pick one or the other.

The Rocs and Wizards are overkill, but I try to rotate them to get them beat up faster. I don't need that many in one round, but keep them around to have different stages of wear.

I played four different courses this past Sunday and had the best putting day ever. Made more 30+ feet puts than I ever have, and didn't miss inside 20 feet. I used the 174 black chalky Magic and it felt great coming out of the hand each time. Anyone else use the Magic?


I put the soft Magic in the bag a week and a half ago for upshots and some putting situations (options.) Since then, I have had about 4 or 5 basket-clobbers from the fairway...none have gone in yet but I'm all over it with this straight-to-turning putter. It has a really cool straight path, you think it's going to fade and then it just keeps going straight.
IowaDiscGolf
2008 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:14 am

Postby dgdave » Mon May 05, 2008 12:59 pm

IowaDiscGolf wrote:
dgdave wrote:1. Flippy, roller, touch and glidey shots
2. Strait to late turn
3. straight slight hyzer finish
4. Moderate over stable, Teebird flight
5. Very overstable, new begining wear process.

Its alomst like having a Pred, 3 teebirds in different stages, and a TL. Thats my driver setup. I throw rocs off the tee a lot.


I dig. I played with this kid who has some sick snap, I watched him throw his KC Pro 350'+ without any real practice. Discs are different to different players.

Why do you personally throw them off the tee a lot? I throw Rocs more than drivers off the pad but only because they're straighter and more predictable than drivers.


I throw them a lot because i toss them 330 ish pretty consistantly. I also have less mistakes with them. Slower disc=minimized risk. I just made that up. I feel like Jackie Childs.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12053
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!


Return to Bag Critique / Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest