Brad's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Brad's Bag

Postby Bradley Walker » Fri May 02, 2008 11:03 am

1. Stable Control Drivers
StarTeebird

2. Distance Drivers
Star Wraith

3. Understable Driver
Beat Eagle -x

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
Star Teerex

5. Very Overstable Driver
Star Max
Star Whippet X

Mids:
KC Pro Roc
(1) Star Rancho Roc

Putters:
1080 radius
Last edited by Bradley Walker on Sun May 04, 2008 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby geoloseth » Fri May 02, 2008 11:17 am

After watching you play/throw I would make only one suggestion. Replace the star Teebird with a new champ eagle X. I've seen you bomb the hell out of the Eagle and I think you could easily fill the Teebird spot with one that wasn't as beat as your current eagle.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Bradley Walker » Fri May 02, 2008 11:29 am

geoloseth wrote:After watching you play/throw I would make only one suggestion. Replace the star Teebird with a new champ eagle X. I've seen you bomb the hell out of the Eagle and I think you could easily fill the Teebird spot with one that wasn't as beat as your current eagle.

I added a new Eagle X (orange tourney stamp). It is an Eagle and not as HSS stable like a Teebird. I am waiting for another SEX (Star Eagle X) in a trade.

I like the Eagle... the most underrated disc out there. While people hold the DX Teebird in some great spot in history, the Eagle (which his much easier to throw at low power) is never discussed at all...
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby garublador » Fri May 02, 2008 11:36 am

Bradley Walker wrote:I like the Eagle... the most underrated disc out there. While people hold the DX Teebird in some great spot in history, the Eagle (which his much easier to throw at low power) is never discussed at all...
Discontinuing the DX Eagle-X couldn't have helped.

Part of it is that the DX Teebird is pretty unique. Near distance driver type D with little to no fade is pretty cool. The Eagle-X is one of, if not the best versatile fairway driver but it's only somewhat better than a few other discs out there.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby the invisible tree » Fri May 02, 2008 11:40 am

I've seen Barry Schultz quoted as saying the Eagle is his favorite disc. That was a few years ago, though. It's also my favorite driver.
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby Aaron_D » Fri May 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Id rather see weights as what plastic each disc is. Obviously, that's a solid bag. What plastic is the beat eaglex? Is it understable enough for your roller slot?
My Drive-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CpJ123?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/OWX_jHYB4bg

Wizard * Roc * JLS * SOLF * Wraith * Predator
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby Bradley Walker » Fri May 02, 2008 4:27 pm

All max weight or close.

I do not roll. I do not play courses that are manicured enough to need to roll. Sorry.

I was going to post about Barry. I saw him throw some friggin wicked shots with his Eagle when he played Cedar Hill. Friggin wicked.

I even copied some of his lines where he used the Eagle.

My "beloved" Eagle is KC Pro 11x plastic. I bought it for $4.99 BTW. My newer ones are Star. I have one more 11x but I do not particularly think they are uber special or anything. I love the new Star versions...
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby Bradley Walker » Fri May 02, 2008 5:03 pm

If I were to throw in an open field with nothing in the way, I would throw the ESP Flash and JLS for raw distance.
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun May 04, 2008 5:53 am

Forgot my Whippet!!!
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon May 05, 2008 11:00 am

Aaron_D wrote:What plastic is the beat eaglex? I

11x KC Pro.

Money green.

I am beating in a Star also.
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon May 05, 2008 12:30 pm

I am curious about the eagle. I think I would throw them if the x mold was readily available in dx plastic. How does the Stareagle-x fly new?
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon May 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Good?

Like an Eagle...

Like a less stable, faster Teebird.
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby Spinach D » Wed May 07, 2008 11:16 am

Bradley:

What Eagle mold was Barry throwing in the anecdote above?

Also, have you thrown any lighter weight Star Eagle-x? The only one I have is 175. I love it but I wonder if a 170 would have a little more flex flight. That might help me for certain anny shots and increase distance on certain lines.
Spinach D
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Bradley Walker » Wed May 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Spinach D wrote:Bradley:

What Eagle mold was Barry throwing in the anecdote above?

Also, have you thrown any lighter weight Star Eagle-x? The only one I have is 175. I love it but I wonder if a 170 would have a little more flex flight. That might help me for certain anny shots and increase distance on certain lines.

I think Barry was throwing a Champ Eagle X.

had a 165 DX Eagle x once that I could BOMB on a huge flex shot real high. that was the lightest I threw (on a side note a 150 Champ Eagle X is one of the best beginner drivers out there).

Blake kept telling me that Eagles were not good for distance so I stopped throwing them... HAHAHA...

I have since learned that I have to come top some of my own conclusions. :wink:

Send me your 175. then you can buy a lighter one. My local PIAS has a stack of SWEET S-EX's.
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby latitude » Wed May 07, 2008 2:24 pm

I thought you were loving those ESP Flashes? :idea:
latitude
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion