Gateway Illusion

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Gateway Illusion

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:07 pm

got a chance to throw a white s plastic version w/ "proto" written on the bottom that gateway sent me today. wow, it's fast. it was nearly dark, so all i saw was the disc bee-lining away from me at an incredibly high speed about 4.5' off the ground. my buddies that saw it said it held a straight line and then just fell out of the air. will be throwing it more this weekend and post the results.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby shanest » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:57 am

They hold the line longer and longer instead of just diving out the more that they get beat in. Definitely the fastest disc I have ever thrown. I can't imagine discs getting too much faster in the near future either, since it's generally that wider rims make discs go faster, and this has a 2.1 cm wide rim.
shanest
Noob

Postby Graham » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:42 pm

Its scary! Great disc!! S plastic owns.
Graham
Noob

Zooom....

Postby DiscinDeadHead » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:52 pm

The Illusion is the fastest disc you can find. I know a lot of people that FH most of the time, and they love the Illusion. I used mine for hyzer flips, and now I roll it. I've got a brand new one that flies the way a TeeBird used to for me (Straight until the end, then gentle hyzer) but WAAAYY faser. Everyone needs to at least try this one!
Chris Boro
~Team GDS~
DiscinDeadHead
Noob

Postby sarvo123 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:30 am

Though i just couldn't get the speed to make this thing go anything but overstable, my freind reguraly drives right next to his orc. he loves it and considers it one of his best drivers that he didn't buy :x
sarvo123
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:57 pm

update: the standard production illusions are more overstable than the protos...
Blake_T

A

Postby DiscinDeadHead » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:24 pm

update: the standard production illusions are more overstable than the protos...

...in "S" plastic. In "H" plastic, these things are just as fast, but way straighter brand new. "E" Illusions fall in between the other two in stability, and possibly faster.
Chris Boro
~Team GDS~
DiscinDeadHead
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:22 am

heh, assuming they ever have H and E in stock :P

am in charge of ordering gateway right now and they have been unable to fulfill our orders for either of those versions for the past 2+ months.
Blake_T

Return to Equipment