Eddy G's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Eddy G's bag

Postby Eddy G » Thu May 08, 2008 3:21 pm

Thoughts?

1. Stable Control Drivers
Star TL White - 175g
Star Teebird Red- 174g

2. Distance Drivers
ESP Flash White 1st run - 174g - The glide is amazing on this, reminds me of my Pro Orc's.

3. Understable Driver
Cobra-175
Star Valk Blue - 175g

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
Any Suggestions, I want to try SOLF, FL, Would this work? The Star Teebird is too straight. I want to have something I don't have to worry about turning over into a mod. headwind.

5. Very Overstable Driver & Overhand
Star Firebird White- 175

6. Midrange:
ESP Buzz - 176
X Buzz 174 - Tester, Seems Flippy
Glow Roc - 175
Star Gator 175 - massive left or wind
Sometimes the Z storm 172, goes further than the buzz and roc.
I know overlap city...

7. Putters:
Aviar BB- Beat slow turnover, S Wizard, SSS Wizard
Eddy G
Noob

Re: Eddy G's bag

Postby garublador » Thu May 08, 2008 3:38 pm

Eddy G wrote:4. Moderately Overstable Driver
Any Suggestions, I want to try SOLF, FL, Would this work? The Star Teebird is too straight. I want to have something I don't have to worry about turning over into a mod. headwind.
Yep, those discs should work. The Z Avenger is a good choice, too.

I'm sure you know what should be done about the mid situation *coughRocscough*. ;)
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Grayson » Thu May 08, 2008 11:36 pm

I would say try out an Avenger or an FL for the moderately overstable slot. Haven't thrown the SOLF but I've heard they're money $$. I find the ESP and Z Avenger to be more stable than the FL. I'm trying to get my Avengers workin for me right now, and I like what I see so far, but the FL was so predicable for me and so easy to hit the lines I wanted. But I'm not the best thrower of overstable plastic, so I need something like the FL in my bag since it's got managable HSS.

Having a Cobra, Storm, esp and x Buzzz, Gator, and a Roc all in your bag seems to be a little much. so I'd say

Pick one
Cobra
Storm

Pick one
ESP Buzzz
Glo Roc

You're x Buzzz will just get flippier, and you could hit those lines with the cobra or storm, but preferably you would just throw a Buzzz and make it hit just about any line. The gator seems fine to keep in the bag. or keep them all in the bag depending on what courses you play. I know when I go to more wooded technical courses, I'll bring about 5 different mids :o

I like the Flash as your distance driver, but what do you use for max D in the wind? My flashes are so nose angle and wind sensitive that I usually have to throw my Surges or Pulses when the wind kicks up.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby Eddy G » Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 am

Thanks for the input guys, I guess I need a max d wind driver as well...Orc or Flash is the biggest rim I'd like to go. I have a destroyer but it's not predictable enough, and it's hard to grip...Maybe a Starfire or SL or something???
Eddy G
Noob

Postby Star Shark » Fri May 09, 2008 12:25 pm

The SL is DEFINITELY not a max d wind driver, it will flip like mad. You might do well with a Starfire-x or a Teerex
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion