shooting beside tee

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby curt » Fri May 09, 2008 12:39 pm

803.02.A

Play shall begin on each hole with the player throwing from within the teeing area. When the disc is released, at least one of the player’s supporting points must be in contact with the surface of the teeing area, and all the player’s supporting points must be within the teeing area. If a tee pad is provided, all supporting points must be on the pad at the time of release, unless the director has specified a modified teeing area for safety reasons. If no tee pad is provided, all supporting points at the time of release must be within an area encompassed by the front line of the teeing area and two lines perpendicular to and extending back three meters from each end of the front line. The front line of the teeing area includes the outside edges of the two tee markers. Running up from behind the teeing area before the disc is released is permitted. Following through in front of the teeing area is permitted provided there is no supporting point contact outside the teeing area when the disc is released
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Solbo » Fri May 09, 2008 12:53 pm

So, If I am wearing cleats, and playing a course with flypads, Ill tee off from the rubber? or say I have knee problems, and the fly pads exacerbate the issue.
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby Fritz » Fri May 09, 2008 1:01 pm

If the Tee pad is slick, damaged, icey, dangerous etc.... you get 5m regardless behind the pad, if the pad is deemed unsafe.

According to 803.05.C, you can take relief. You simply back up behind the tee. That would be the nearest lie no closer to the hole and still on the line of play. You can only move up to 5 meters back.
The PDGA Rules Committee

Carlton Howard, Chair
John Chapman
Conrad Damon
Harold Duvall
Joe Garcia
Jim Garnett
Rick Voakes
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Triplebogey » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:11 am

I have a related question.

Has anyone here played hole #11 in Wrightwood??

The tee is directly behind 2 large pine trees. It's challenging for a RHBT, but damn near impossible for a LHBT. Is it legal to drive from 2m behind the teepad??
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:13 am

Triplebogey wrote:I have a related question.

Has anyone here played hole #11 in Wrightwood??

The tee is directly behind 2 large pine trees. It's challenging for a RHBT, but damn near impossible for a LHBT. Is it legal to drive from 2m behind the teepad??

No. because you are not in harms way because of the teepad. Better learn how to do a LHFH
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:17 am

If it's that tough, I might try to learn how to throw opposite handed on that hole just to make sure I get a decent drive.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Triplebogey » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:42 am

Fritz wrote:No. because you are not in harms way because of the teepad. Better learn how to do a LHFH

DAMN!!! LHFH is difficult too because of the angle. It's a damn good thing I don't intend to play in any tournaments there.
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Previous

Return to Rules Discussion