Threw my first 1000+ Rated round! :)

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Threw my first 1000+ Rated round! :)

Postby Fritz » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:37 am

Over the weekend I played in the Mile High Classic. It was my first tournament as an advanced player and I had a stellar day! 10 down my first round 12 down my second round (which turned out to be rated 1005) I woulda placed 3rd in Open!

I have to say my game has really really improved all because of this site, and all the wonderful tips Blake has given me, and the lessons he has posted.

Thanks man!
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Glock23 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:51 am

congrats man! Good job.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby Jwt4412 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:16 am

Congrats!

someday... someday... someday... as I go mumbling into the rest of the day...
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby trogdor » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:45 am

"Should I stay intermediate?" :twisted:

Wasn't that your post earlier this year?

Congrats! That's great.
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:49 am

yeah, getting first in advanced (even on a pitch and putt course) in your first advanced tourney.
Definately doing something right to be double digits at expo two rounds in a row. My best round there is -11 but my average is somewhere around -7.
Congrats again, and you may have to watch out for me when the next weekend tourney comes around ;-)

(its offical I cant make the Denver Classic)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Fritz » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:01 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:yeah, getting first in advanced (even on a pitch and putt course) in your first advanced tourney.
Definately doing something right to be double digits at expo two rounds in a row. My best round there is -11 but my average is somewhere around -7.
Congrats again, and you may have to watch out for me when the next weekend tourney comes around ;-)

(its offical I cant make the Denver Classic)

Awesome, can't wait for the competition :P Expo is a very underestimated course. It can make you pay dearly if you mess up even the slightest. Ask all those poor souls that couldn't make the island hole and ended up taking 6's 7's and 8's.
A lot of holes if you over drive the hole you are ob or wet.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:50 pm

Since they were using this tourney to set the course rating I thought they wereng going to do the island hole? didnt you play from all the perm tees?

and I know that course can eat you up on a bad day (lots of ob to be had) but in any group of 5 or more generally someone has to have a good day and hit double digits. you entering the shafer 2 disc tourney? Im thinking that will be a fun one. and if youre on the same roll you could win that mystery prize for lowest scored round ;-). Im thinking a beat wizard and a new heavy wizard ;-) (probably bring a wasp I suppose it depends on the wind)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Fritz » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:36 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:Since they were using this tourney to set the course rating I thought they wereng going to do the island hole? didnt you play from all the perm tees?

and I know that course can eat you up on a bad day (lots of ob to be had) but in any group of 5 or more generally someone has to have a good day and hit double digits. you entering the shafer 2 disc tourney? Im thinking that will be a fun one. and if youre on the same roll you could win that mystery prize for lowest scored round ;-). Im thinking a beat wizard and a new heavy wizard ;-) (probably bring a wasp I suppose it depends on the wind)

Yeah, not sure if I'll be doing that this year, my daughters Birthday is being celebrated on the 13th. I'd love to tho, I'd bring putting wizard and driving wizard.

There is talk of making the island hole a permanent hole. Everyone threw from teh same tees, except the Juniors they had an alternate tee for hole #2.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Weebl » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:51 am

Congratz Fritz! That's stellar. One of these days you (ok, everyone is welcome) need to come out to California for some west coast discing.
I'm hoping next summer I can make a few trips devoted to disc golf to the rockies/oregon/washington/wyoming.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:48 am

let us know if you want to play some mountian courses in CO, Id be up to driving out to meet you.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Return to General Discussion