Apartment Flooded

Official Announcements about the DGR site

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Apartment Flooded

Postby Blake_T » Sun May 18, 2008 4:19 pm

my time to dedicate to the site/forum will be sporadic over the next few weeks (and has been over the past week or so).

my upstairs neighbor broke their toilet and let it run for 12+ hours which flooded me out of my apartment.

i had to move out for a week in a huge hurry for them to refinish the apartment and move me back in. needless to say, it wasn't a very clean move. it's going to take me a few weeks to get back up and running.

one box of mini DV's for my video were in the floodline...

i haven't been able to test to see if they will still work and/or if they were tapes that i've captured already or tapes waiting to be captured... which puts uncertainty behind my videos.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Timko » Sun May 18, 2008 4:34 pm

Blake, sorry to hear about that. I hope that things work out for you over the next few weeks.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby JR » Sun May 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Mold is the issue with water damage. If you can get people to measure the moisture it's a good investment. At least if you own your apartment and aren't renting it.

Take care.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby rehder » Sun May 18, 2008 11:40 pm

That sucks, good luck with the move back in
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby garublador » Mon May 19, 2008 6:54 am

I feel your pain. When I lived in Roseville the apartment above mine got flooded when it caught on fire and they used water to put it out. I was actually out on vacation at the time and got to come back to see my computer covered with a big tarp and a extension cord going to my fridge to plug it in in the hallway. They couldn't turn the power on to my apartment because they couldn't dry it all out because the insurance guy for the morons that lived there wouldn't come to see it until after the break (it was over Thanksgiving.)

Good luck getting everything back in order. It does make a decent story after you get over all the sucking part.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Working Stiff » Sat May 24, 2008 1:22 am

Bad memories...Super Bowl Sunday 1988, I was in college. Bad all-night drinking binge the night before, get up and the ceiling in the living room is on the floor. I wake up my roommate and he looks up at the big hole in the ceiling, water dripping everywhere and wet insulation all over and he says "Dude, what DID we do last night?" Anyway, we call the landlords and they are out of town for the weekend, so we go to a Super Bowl party at the other end of the building. Right in the middle of the first half the landlords stop by and want us to go look at the apartment. Broncos are up 10-7. We go look at the damage, the landlord makes a call to get us a place to stay and we go back to the party. We were gone for 20 minutes. Redskins are up 35-10. Game over, we missed it.

Of course, most of you probably are not old enough to remember that game. I turned 21 two weekends before that game. Damn, life just slips on by.

Anyway...bad roof in January. I lived in a hotel for two months before they could fix it. The hotel was right over by the Hearns Center and the Athletic Department offices. Woody Woodenhoffer was Mizzou's head football coach and he used to drink in the hotel bar. He coached for the Steelers in the 70's and had all these awesome stories about the steel curtain that he would tell when he got drunk, which was every night. Also all the visiting basketball teams used to stay at that hotel, so those guys would be in the bar. Nothing like hanging out with Mookie Blaylock listening to some dumpy drunk guy babble some story about L. C. Greenwood stepping on a tackle’s head during a playoff game.

Other than that, living in a hotel sucked. I hope your place gets fixed soon.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Return to Disc Golf Review Official Announcements