Huge Jumpputt

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby rehder » Tue May 20, 2008 4:08 am

the good thing with posting these vids is that I dont give a flying rats ass, if you want it in a different format or not. You can watch 'em or not. Its actually that simple. I upload the vids as a service to others on this forum, and if you dont want to use the service......then dont..
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby some call me...tim? » Tue May 20, 2008 6:47 am

I've heard that pros, including Dave, have sat around and watched his putt in slow motion trying to see if he's foot faulting or not, and everyone has agreed it's legit. It is close though. Quicktime is the perfect format to watch that on since you can fast forward or rewind, frame by frame, as quickly as you want. Though I'm pretty anti-Apple, I wish more disc golf vids were in quicktime, so much easier to analyze throws with it. Thanks, Rehder.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Greatzky » Tue May 20, 2008 11:28 am

is it that he has to release before he lifts up his foot OR
is it that he has to release before he lands in front of his mark?

Jump putts are debatable because not everyone uses them. I get told they are useless or unfair, but if you want to use it then use it since it's in the rules.

Dave is a monster when it comes to DG and i'm glad we have someone so talented to watch!
-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf Apparel
http://hyzerflip.com
Greatzky
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Shaolintrained » Tue May 20, 2008 12:42 pm

There is the ol' jump-putt debate, whether it's fair, useful, even whether or not it's aesthetically pleasing and good for the sport in general. I'm a huge fan of Feldberg and that's probably why I started jumping in the first place, but it has helped my outside putting an incredible amount and I personally think it looks cool. I also think that it's good for the sport, because it adds to the variety of techniques...like being able to dunk instead of just laying it up. It's fun, useful, and pleasing to watch. Sorry, just a little rant, due to the fact that I really don't understand why people are so against the jump-putt.
Trade list: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12798
"Music is my religion" -Jimi Hendrix
Shaolintrained
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat DX Roc

Postby JR » Tue May 20, 2008 12:44 pm

Tim_the_Enchanter wrote:I've heard that pros, including Dave, have sat around and watched his putt in slow motion trying to see if he's foot faulting or not, and everyone has agreed it's legit. It is close though. Quicktime is the perfect format to watch that on since you can fast forward or rewind, frame by frame, as quickly as you want. Though I'm pretty anti-Apple, I wish more disc golf vids were in quicktime, so much easier to analyze throws with it. Thanks, Rehder.

Media Player Classic plays frame by frame on most formats. Most movs work too on it. Not all dunno why. Some WMVs don't play frame by frame either.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Beetard » Tue May 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Well, that vid puts an end to my question of when weight shift should occur in a putt. Most definately the closer to the end the better.

I was observing myself tossing crap (20 pound plexiglass plates, what a waste of material) into the dumpster at work the other day. I found myself naturally weight-shifting closer to the end.

When I really tried to concentrate on late weight shift, I got one over the dumpster. Then I had a big shattered plastic mess to clean up.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby ChUcK » Tue May 20, 2008 7:25 pm

if you pause it at the right frame, Dave looks like he's imitating the guy from 1980's Airwalk shoes.

ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Previous

Return to Video Critique