Bruce's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bruce's bag

Postby Bruce » Wed May 21, 2008 8:11 am

After a bit of tweaking over the season start, here's the bag I'll be taking to the European Champs in August. Any thoughts?

Drivers
1* Champ Firebird
2* X-Predator
1* Star Wraith
2* DX Valkyrie
2* DX Gazelle

Mids
1* KC Roc
3* DX Roc

Throwing Putters
1* S Wizard
1* Omega SS

Putting Putter
1* Aviar Classic
Bruce
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Dx Roc

Re: Bruce's bag

Postby JR » Wed May 21, 2008 9:34 am

The event is at a mountainous area so roll aways are a real risk like losing discs. Maybe more backup at the hotel is a good idea? Unless an X Pred is totally new a Z Pred would fare better in higher winds and resist flipping over. I don't know the altitude though. Z may be too overstable if at higher altitudes. Weight differences may be a good idea for different molds if you're not used to throwing in mountains (altitude). Hope at least one of those Rocs is beat so that you can anny with it even at altitude.

Bruce wrote:After a bit of tweaking over the season start, here's the bag I'll be taking to the European Champs in August. Any thoughts?

Drivers
1* Champ Firebird
2* X-Predator
1* Star Wraith
2* DX Valkyrie
2* DX Gazelle

Mids
1* KC Roc
3* DX Roc

Throwing Putters
1* S Wizard
1* Omega SS

Putting Putter
1* Aviar Classic
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Bruce » Wed May 21, 2008 9:57 am

JR wrote:The event is at a mountainous area so roll aways are a real risk like losing discs. Maybe more backup at the hotel is a good idea? Unless an X Pred is totally new a Z Pred would fare better in higher winds and resist flipping over. I don't know the altitude though. Z may be too overstable if at higher altitudes. Weight differences may be a good idea for different molds if you're not used to throwing in mountains (altitude). Hope at least one of those Rocs is beat so that you can anny with it even at altitude.

Thanks for the feedback, I hadn't realised that it was at altitude.
All the multiple molds have variety in weight/beatness.

Are you playing the event JR?
Bruce
Tree Magnet

Postby rehder » Wed May 21, 2008 11:40 am

You should also know that that there are going to be some big elevation changes on some holes afaik.

heres some video of the course
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FeplFy3cibI

but as far as I understand the course is going to be different at the european champs....

Ill see you there
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Bruce » Thu May 22, 2008 3:06 am

rehder wrote:You should also know that that there are going to be some big elevation changes on some holes afaik.

heres some video of the course
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FeplFy3cibI

but as far as I understand the course is going to be different at the european champs....

Ill see you there

Yea, it's a ski slope in winter iirc. Big open holes and elevation suit my game, I'm actually more worried about the second course, it looks tighter than a nuns chuff. Hole 15 scares the bejeezus out of me!

Course 1 - Soehnstetten
Course 2 - Brenzpark
Bruce
Tree Magnet

Postby rehder » Thu May 22, 2008 3:18 am

hehe, if I can recall correctly the mandos are the bridge pillars for the bridge...I saw a picture of it somewhere...Ill see if I can find it somewhere.

I wish they would do pictures of each hole or a video run through, so you at least have some idea what the course is going to be like

8 & 16 seem to have some shady mando's out in the water :?

Better bring lots of backup discs

found em:
hole 15 basket view
http://pictures.ec08.de/course2/DSC_0874
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Thu May 22, 2008 3:52 am

Bruce wrote:
JR wrote:The event is at a mountainous area so roll aways are a real risk like losing discs. Maybe more backup at the hotel is a good idea? Unless an X Pred is totally new a Z Pred would fare better in higher winds and resist flipping over. I don't know the altitude though. Z may be too overstable if at higher altitudes. Weight differences may be a good idea for different molds if you're not used to throwing in mountains (altitude). Hope at least one of those Rocs is beat so that you can anny with it even at altitude.

Thanks for the feedback, I hadn't realised that it was at altitude.
All the multiple molds have variety in weight/beatness.

Are you playing the event JR?

Unfortunately I won't be there. If I were you I'd find out the exact elevation. The organizers should know it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Bruce » Thu May 22, 2008 4:48 am

rehder wrote:8 & 16 seem to have some shady mando's out in the water :?

Better bring lots of backup discs

For sure, with that much water in play I'll either be bringing plenty of spares, or taking out a new mortgage!

Luckily I'm there from the Monday so I'll get a good look at both courses before the event
Bruce
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion