Curt's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Curt's Bag

Postby curt » Thu May 22, 2008 9:07 pm

I recently changed my bag up a little bit upon acquiring a few new discs, and am looking for some feedback. Several of these discs are new and I am anticipating them wearing into a different slot. I expect the pro wraith to wear into distance driver/understable driver. I am hoping the champ destroyer will wear into a moderately overstable driver (I have a 171 star destroyer on the way that may take over this role instead). I am also in a constant debate between the TL and leopard, and will occasionally just carry the leopard. I find both molds can fly about the same flight and distance for me.

Also, I find the distance driver a strange category, which describes both 3 and 4 and I will use whichever of those is appropriate to the situation (generally the understable driver).

1. Stable Control Drivers
170 star teebird
170 star tl (considering changing to 175 champ leopard)

2. Distance Drivers
i use either the valkyire or the wraith when I want pure D (often rolling the valkyire)

3. Understable Driver
169 star valkyrie

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
170 pro wraith

5. Very Overstable Driver
171 star Xcaliber
175 champ destroyer

I also have a 164 surge SS in my bag that I haven't quite figured out where it belongs yet (seems to be in the moderately overstable right now)

Mids:
Z buzz
Z wasp

Putters:
3 175 warlocks (1x main putter, 1x main approach, 1x super straight/ when I don't feel comfortable w/ other one approach)
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby garublador » Fri May 23, 2008 7:46 am

If I were you, I'd call the Destroyers and XCalibers moderately overstable drivers and see which one works the best for you in that slot. I'd call the Wraiths distance drivers and find a new really overstable driver. A Z Predator, Champ Firebird or E Spirit are the most common choices.

I'd pick the TL over the Leopard, but that's me. I think it fades more reliably and that's necessary for a driver like that.
garublador
Disc Whore

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion