sportsdude25's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

sportsdude25's bag

Postby sportsdude25 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Drivers:
(1) Star Wraith
(1) Champion Orc
(1) Champ Beast
(1) Champ Sidewinder
(1) DX Teebird
(1) DX Valkyrie
Mids:
(1) Classic Roc
(1) DX Roc
Putters:
(1) DX XD
(1) Classic Aviar
(1) DX Aviar P&A
sportsdude25
Tree Magnet

Postby frennis524 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:55 pm

It seems to me like you have too much variety. Do you really know everyone of those discs well.
You need an overstable driver like a predator or firebird
THe wraith Orc and beast might overlap (Keep 1) a lot and the sidewinder valkyrie overlap(if it is max D they all overlap. THe classic roc is basically an XD. I would pick one putter and stick with that only. Maybe beat a roc and keep a new one for mids.
frennis524
Tree Magnet

Postby sportsdude25 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am

I use my Orc for my overstable driver and have had very good luck with it. I just like the feel of all the drivers I carry and use each in different instances. Plus I use all three putters as I have been trying all three out to see which I like the best. I may end up using the Classic Roc as my go to putter.
sportsdude25
Tree Magnet

Postby Midnightbiker » Wed May 28, 2008 1:52 pm

sportsdude25 wrote:I use my Orc for my over stable driver and have had very good luck with it. I just like the feel of all the drivers I carry and use each in different instances. Plus I use all three putters as I have been trying all three out to see which I like the best. I may end up using the Classic Roc as my go to putter.

If you are going to try all three putters, do that at the practice field or practice basket. If you are trying them out at the course, there is no control there. You need to try them in a controlled environment. Now I carry two putters, but the reason I do , is my Soft Magnet is a fantastic approach disc, and my Pro D is the best at shots under 50ft. I found this out by making hundreds of throws in the practice field. I actually own 7 putters, but through practice, I narrowed it down to these two. I don't see any reason to carry more than 2 putters. A short putter and an approach disc.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby sportsdude25 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:38 am

I'm leaning towards either the XD or the Classic Aviar as my regular putter. I'll keep any spares to use with my Skillshot.
sportsdude25
Tree Magnet

Postby Midnightbiker » Thu May 29, 2008 2:47 pm

sportsdude25 wrote:I'm leaning towards either the XD or the Classic Aviar as my regular putter. I'll keep any spares to use with my Skillshot.

That seems like a good combo.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion