Let me know

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Let me know

Postby kvanorsdel » Mon May 26, 2008 7:48 pm

So I was up at Highbridge this week and my friend took this video of me driving on an uphill drive.

Take a look and let me know what you think
http://picasaweb.google.com/kcs1971/200 ... 6505205554
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BIF13 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:21 pm

not really sure, but I think you let go early.
BIF13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Nuke

Postby black udder » Mon May 26, 2008 8:38 pm

try holding the disc longer as it comes across your chest. It sort of gets to your pecs then swings out. Pull it past your right pec - your wrist should curl in a bit so the disc is tucked into your forearm/bicep. Then uncoil from there.

Also, I don't think you're really pivoting your hips, just pivoting around your plant leg. When you reach back, your hips close up, when you pull through, they should open, then close up again until you follow through.

Oh, I'd guess you're letting go early because either you *are* letting go and not letting the disc rip out of your hand. Or, because you're not pulling through, you're unable to keep the disc in your hand and the release point is not where you intend it to be.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby steezo » Mon May 26, 2008 8:52 pm

Look at Ken Climo- See his body get over/out in front/foward as he is transitioning into the rip/hit. Try doing that standing still then go back to you run up. Also looks like you were throwing to fast/hard. A good throw looks different than a sorta good throw. Eveything else looks pretty good. 8)
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby steezo » Mon May 26, 2008 8:56 pm

I just watched it again- You shouldn't have you arm bending that far and around you head during the reachback. You'll wasting that energy and won't ever be able to throw consistently- mostly do to timing issues.
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby JR » Mon May 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Were you trying to throw a hyzer flip to flat? If so a couple of inches of correction to the right with the landing place of the plant step might help consistency. Your arm starts lower in the reach back as it ends at the rip. If you used a low fade disc that kind of arm speed may not give a high stall and crash like an overstable driver would. Although shorter than could be flight is probable. 99.9% probable.

Overall ok form but really the hip action hints especially and the comments of the previous posters apply.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Tue May 27, 2008 12:04 am

steezo wrote:I just watched it again- You shouldn't have you arm bending that far and around you head during the reachback. You'll wasting that energy and won't ever be able to throw consistently- mostly do to timing issues.

I don't think that'll be a problem as long as he keeps the disc close to the body as the disc passes the right pec and the disc is moving in a straight line from the chest to the rip because there the linearity of the arm pull helps consistent accuracy and gives some margin of error for timing and early/late releases. As long as one learns to open hips and pivoting similarly with the plant steps so that a linear arm pull in the end is possible.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Beetard » Wed May 28, 2008 8:39 pm

It looked like you lost your intent to throw when you started the pull. I thought the the first 2 steps and the reachback of your x step looked great. I thought you were gonna kill it, then you morphed into a novice. I'm not trying to be mean in saying that, but you just kind of threw a lazy hyzer like beginners do. Try to pull in a straighter line close to your body. Think about the "lawnmower pull" thing. You've got to be killing the disc as you reach full extension too. Don't let up. Make the disc rip off of your fingers, hard.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby Steady 26542 » Wed May 28, 2008 8:55 pm

steezo wrote:Look at Ken Climo- See his body get over/out in front/foward as he is transitioning into the rip/hit.

Do we have videos of Kenny on here? I'd love to view them.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby Star Shark » Wed May 28, 2008 9:05 pm

-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby mark12b » Wed May 28, 2008 9:10 pm

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources ... ysis.shtml

blake has a bunch of higher-res videos up somewhere but i forget where.

there's also a bunch of climo on youtube.
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Video Critique