Joe's Putting Style Critique

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Joe's Putting Style Critique

Postby BLURR » Sat May 31, 2008 12:19 pm

Here is a link to my Putting Video. All putts are from 27 ft. Take a look and see what you think. If there are other angels you would like to see, just let me know.

Thanks,
JT
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Joe's Putting Style Critique

Postby rKp » Sat May 31, 2008 2:12 pm

Love the basket-cam! I'm no putting expert but it sound like you made them all so it looks good to me. :)
rKp
Tree Magnet

Postby Scotty N » Sat May 31, 2008 5:53 pm

All of the putts fluttered and I believe it is due to not enough snap on the disc. The way I get my putts to not flutter is I started hyzer putting. You just need to put a slight hyzer on your disc. I find the longer the putt the firmer my grip.
~Scotty
Scotty N
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby cmlasley » Sat May 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Scotty N wrote:All of the putts fluttered and I believe it is due to not enough snap on the disc. The way I get my putts to not flutter is I started hyzer putting. You just need to put a slight hyzer on your disc. I find the longer the putt the firmer my grip.

I wouldn't worry too much about a little flutter on a putt. On drives, on the other hand . . .
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby dgdave » Sat May 31, 2008 6:40 pm

The flutter isnt an issue. Watch yeti putt. The thing looks like a dead duck and he'll hit everything from 80' and in.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JR » Sat May 31, 2008 11:38 pm

dgdave wrote:The flutter isnt an issue. Watch yeti putt. The thing looks like a dead duck and he'll hit everything from 80' and in.

Climo often has flutter on the disc and he's done pretty well in putting considering he's never been the best driver among the top pros for distance just very accurate quite long driver.

Flutter can be an issue in windy conditions if the wind blasts the bottom of the disc and push the disc off course.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Sat May 31, 2008 11:45 pm

I find putting chest pointing to the left of the basket more comfortable for muscles than chest square at the target even for staggered steps. I use staggered steps. But I'm more accurate and consistent with chest square so I've forced myself to use that. It still isn't totally comfortable but after over a year it's not a bother either.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby EBK357 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:17 pm

nice putting looks like good form from what i can tell
F a sig!
EBK357
Tree Magnet

Postby Craig Smolin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:15 am

my $0.02 worth...

I tried putting that way for a while, but having your hand at the top of the disc leaves you prone to grip lock and pushing putts off right. Move your hand more to the side of the disc, and you'll probably have better results.
The University of Michigan - "Hail to the Victors" - Class of '99
Drivers: TLs, Sidewinders, Wraiths
Mid-ranges: Shark, Meteor, Buzzz, Wasp
Putters: Wizards
Craig Smolin
Tree Magnet

Postby BLURR » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:40 am

Actually...if I miss...it is usually to the left side. very rarely do I miss right side. I've been working on a straddle drop putt for putting over objects. I will see if I can get some video of that too. Maybe some jump putting as well.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby niuvalleycane » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:38 pm

BLURR wrote:Actually...if I miss...it is usually to the left side. very rarely do I miss right side.

When I putt with my grip at 12-1, if I miss it's left also from premature ejection :P
not getting finger sprung enough.

Interested to see your straddle putting, and anyone else who can post video, when I straddle I more often miss right because I grip at 2 and short pitch, I will miss right from late release if I miss.
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Video Critique